Friday, April 4, 2008

Go see "Nim's Island" / Movies I Like to Watch Over Again

This week, we got to see a great new family movie called "Nim's Island" - which is really worth seeing. (Starring Gerard Butler and Jodie Foster (right) and Abigail Breslin not pictured) It's about a young girl who inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father and communicates with a reclusive author of the novel she's reading. Fun and adventurous! You can catch the Movie trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPqz1VS4xU
Coincidentally, "Mom" Feldhaus sent me a survey about movies I would watch over and over. That got me thinking that they fall in three categories… and each category includes several, especially the Superhero category. Below are my favorites. What are yours?

1) Superhero: Batman Begins, Superman Returns, The Shadow, Daredevil, Hellboy, Superman 1-4; Spiderman 1-2, V is for Vendetta, Punisher, X-men 1 and 2, the Phantom, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four 1-2, Catwoman.
2) Adventure/Drama: The Sixth Sense, Ghost, Footloose, Tombstone
3) Dolly Parton movies: 9 to 5, Straight Talk, Steel Magnolias, Rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy