Thursday, December 14, 2023

Book Review: Strange Ireland (Jack's Strange Tales)

As a paranormal investigator, I enjoy reading books about ghosts, spirits and more. I recently read Jack Strange's book "Strange Ireland." There are a lot of things in this book!  There are stories about ghosts, banshees, fairies, Pookah, Kelpies, Leprechauns, the Sidh and other Irish mystical creatures. Today's Blog is my "read" of the "read."  


    The ghost stories were enjoyable, but some chapters explained several variations of certain ghost stories, so you were left wondering what is the real story. As someone in the field of the paranormal, I always try to get to the actual story, and help ghosts cross over.  But this book is a retelling of stories passed down over generations, so the true stories may never be known. 
   It was interesting reading about the different magical / mystical characters.
   One chapter that stood out was "Red Mary MacMahon" - a truly horrendous person if the chapter is true about her behavior... and it's no surprise she would choose to stay earthbound as a ghost instead of facing up to her actions. 
   It was a good read, but I confess there were times I had to skim through it, because of the multiple variations of stories on the same character.  
   I'm unsure what the dog on the cover is about, but it made the book more attractive for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy