Friday, July 3, 2020

5 of 5 stars: Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse (I re-read this, it's so good).

There are 2 series of paperback mystery novels that I call favorites. One is the 50 plus books in the Murder She Wrote (based on the TV shows) and the other are the Mr. Monk detective mysteries (based on that TV show). I read them and re-read them (although I read a lot of other books). Recently, the cast of Monk got together to do a short comic video during the pandemic (which I posted on this blog in June).  So, it inspired me to pick up the first in the Mr. Monk mystery series and re-read it. I had forgotten the story and loved it all over again. Lee Goldberg is the author (he went on to write about 10 Monk books) and they are filled with Monk's quirkiness. "Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse" is excellent. A 5 of 5 star book!

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Monk's house is being fumigated, and he has nowhere to go. Fortunately, his assistant Natalie and her daughter are kind enough to welcome him into their home. Unfortunately, their home is not quite up to Monk's standards of cleanliness and order.

But while Monk attempts to arrange his surroundings just so, something else needs to be put straight. The death of a dog at the local firehouse-on the same night as a fatal house fire-has led Monk into a puzzling mystery. And much to his horror, he's going to have to dig through a lot of dirt to find the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy