Saturday, May 2, 2020

Selkie Sea- A Great Gay Novella w/Mystical Characters and Romance

   I've read one Kindle book before and usually prefer paperbacks, but that didn't matter. I couldn't
stop reading Davis Lavender's novella called "Selkie Sea," and finished it in 2 days.
   Selkie Sea came up on my Amazon feed and I was fascinated by the summary (and the hot guy on the cover), so bought it. I read it immediately and I loved it!   There were mystical characters in a great setting (an island off the Ireland coast), and a fascinating story.
   I would enjoy reading more about the Selkies and the disappearing island of Hy-brasil- what a great concept. I love the characterizations and the descriptions of each "Selkie" and their past lives. Read it to learn what a "Selkie" really is.
  I highly recommend this great novella. 5 of 5 stars (and I'll leave this review on Amazon, too). - Thank you for this great (and steamy), imaginative, captivating novella.
- Rob


ABOUT THE BOOK:
Selkie Sea is a stand-alone novella (29,000 words) set in the same world as Storm Boys (Storm Riders 1), with all new characters. These characters will also appear in Storm Angel (Storm Riders 2), but Selkie Sea is a complete story and there is no need to read any other Storm Riders books to enjoy this one.
This is a medium burn gay harem paranormal romance with multiple love interests (MMMM) and an HEA.

The sea stole their souls. Now they want my heart.
It’s 1997 and Ireland is changing, but not fast enough for me. I’m tired of this tiny village and my life of “onlys”. The only gay man who’s out. The only son who never knew his father.
The ocean has always been my one refuge, that is, until the dawn I’m snatched up by selkies. Three men who died at sea long ago and became shape-shifting seals, straight out of the pages of an Irish fairytale. They thought they were saving me from the same fate—instead, they’ve bound me to them.
For seven days they can’t leave my side, while I try to discover if one of them is my soul mate. A week to decide if I want to be with Cathal, whose laugh lifts the sky, or Oliver, with his charming manners and thoughtful frowns. Or bossy silver fox David, who only seems to have the frowns. Especially when he’s talking to me. I’m supposed to choose only one of them or walk away from all of them.
But I’m tired of my life of onlys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy