Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Tom's Netflix Recommendation of the Week: Medici the Magnificent

Tom enjoys finding good series on Netflix, and he loves historic series. That's why he highly recommends the series "Medici the Magnificent."


Tom says: This Netflix original series recounts the rise of the Medici family from their humble origins as a family of wool merchants to a powerful banking and political dynasty by the 15th century.  The plot has twists and turns, murder, revenge, and of course, hot bedroom scenes.  The recreated CGI images of Florence in the late 1400s are extremely well done. 

The portrayal of Lorenzo as this romantic, sentimental, patron of the arts rubs a bit with my misconceptions that I had always had of him. 

SPOILER:  Although Lorenzo begins to shed this image at the end of season 2 with the horrific murder of his brother Giuliano in the Duomo.  Unlike other recent historical fiction series, this one remains pretty much true to the historical record.  I wish that I had known more of their story before our recent trip to Italy.  I think that I would have had an even deeper appreciation for some of the places we visited.  I can't wait for Season 3. 

 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy