Thursday, October 13, 2022

Rob's Cleveland Trip #4: Best City Walking Tour: Tours of Cleveland, LLC / Irish Memorial

When I first got the idea to visit Cleveland, I decided I would take a walking tour of the downtown area to pick up history and fun facts. Tours of Cleveland, LLC provided all of that, and I would recommend them. In addition to my review, I've also included a monument to the Irish located downtown.

 
TOURS OF CLEVELAND, LLC: Rob's review:  5 of 5 stars
    This is everything you want in a walking tour: History, popular and well-known sites, references to movies filmed on location (including A Christmas Story and the Avengers films, and so many highlights. Even recommendations about things nearby. The 2 hours on the tour were just right, and Scott was super-knowledgeable and personable. It didn't even feel like two hours passed. So well worth taking this tour! 

(Photo Left: Scott, great tour guide for Tours of Cleveland)

  Scott told me about a huge Superman exhibit at the Library (that he pointed out) and I never would have known about it- I went after the tour and it was such a great highlight! - You'll see that in an upcoming blog. 

The Irish Potato Famine Memorial - is located Down in the Flats at Settler's Landing. The memorial, from 2000, is created by sculptor Paula Blackman and carver Eamon D’Arcy. It commemorates the passing of 150 since the Great Hunger in Ireland ended in 1850. There is a time capsule in the memorial that is set to be opened September 16, 2050. It says: "Lest we forget: To those who died, To those who came and enriched our Cleveland shores We dedicate this monument to you."

There is always something new to learn about Cleveland; check out one of our walking tours to learn more - www.toursofcleveland.com

NEXT:   Red Sandstone Building, 1850s Church, Court House/Post Office





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy