Monday, October 31, 2022

Cleveland Trip #13: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

 You can't visit Cleveland, Ohio and not see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so I visited. For about 20 years in a part-time basis, I was on the radio as either a DJ, broadcast meteorologist, doing news, or engineering. I also used to listen to the American Top 40 from the late 1970s to about 1998, so I am familiar with so many of the artists in the music industry.  Of course, 2022 was the perfect year for my visit because Dolly Parton was voted in (she's one of my all-time favorite singers/songwriters/entertainers). 


HIGHLIGHT TO ME - At the top level, there was a 25 minute film produced by Dick Clark productions with clips of countless musical artists who appeared on the American Bandstand Television show- that was the best!  

I also enjoyed seeing the displays of costumes, guitars, and other memorabilia of artists from Blondie to Heart, the Beatles, Elvis, Supremes, and countless others. Below are photos of Elvis' gold suit, Aretha Franklin's display, and those from the Go Go's, Herman's Hermits, Quiet Riot, the Beatles, David Bowie, Blondie, Prince, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" song/video jacket, a photo of Madonna at the entrance of the restrooms, and the 2022 inductees. 

It took about 2 1/2 hours to go through the 5 floors of the museum, and if you love music, you'll enjoy it, too! 

















NEXT: Visiting Superman Co-Creator Artist Joe Shuster's House! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy