Friday, August 9, 2019

Danube River Cruise #46: A Sign from Rob's Mom on Vacation

Today's blog is a deviation from the trip blogs. That's because as someone who has been able to get messages from people and pets who have passed on, it's important to share stories of loved ones who communicate. As I've written in my books, it's all about paying attention.
  In the last blog, I mentioned that our Viking River Cruise had to dock in the city of EngleHartszell, Austria instead of going all the way north to our last stop of Passau, Germany. That's because heavy rainfall had caused the Danube River to rise, making it impossible for the cruise ship to go underneath a bridge that spanned the river. If the ship could have gone under the bridge, we would have been able to dock in Passau instead.
Norma, Rob's mom
  So, to get to our last stop from Englehartszell, Austria, we boarded a bus and proceeded north on Route 130. Route 130 ran parallel to the Danube River. Just before we got to the bridge that crossed the river into old Passau, Germany, we entered the newer part of Passau, and on the lefthand side of the bus was a huge red sign that simply said "Norma."
   That's my mother's name. My mother was Italian (she passed in 2013), and I never thought I would see her name in Germany!  I sensed my mom and dad were around me, and this time they wanted to give me an actual sign as a sign!
   When I got home, I looked up "Norma in Passau, Germany" and learned that it is a supermarket. The actual supermarket sign we passed is located at Kapuzinerstraße 42, 94032 Passau, Germany.
    It's always good to know that Mom and Dad are around and still watching over me. 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy