1) HIGH WINDS TONIGHT/SUNDAY- NORTHEASTERN/MID-ATLANTIC U.S.
- Because there's a Valentine's Day Blizzard hitting New England again, and some serious sustained winds are forecast to batter areas from coastal Maine to Maryland/Washington, D.C. tonight and Sunday.
WHY? - It's all because of a low pressure area off the northeastern U.S. coast that's rapidly intensifying. As a result, it's going to bring some heavy snows and strong winds (Blizzard Warnings are in effect) to coastal New England and mostly strong winds from New Jersey to Washington, D.C (with some snow). There are HIGH WIND WARNINGS UP all along the coast.
WHAT TO KNOW - A high wind warning means a damaging wind event is expected. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph. Anticipate power outages
THESE ARE TROPICAL-STORM FORCE WINDS!!!!!
WINDS FROM MAINE TO WASHINGTON, DC: -.northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
IMPACTS - Downed trees and powerlines may result in power outages. Minor structural damage will be possible. Driving high profile vehicles in these conditions will be dangerous.
* Expect power outages (if they don't happen, be happy)
* Don't park cars under trees
* If you have large trees around your house- STAY DOWNSTAIRS.
* Some bridges will likely be Off-limits to tractor trailer trucks and possibly SUVs or high profile vehicles.
2) Our Friend Scott "Bear" Elliot's Valentine's Vlog For The Lonely
It's Valentine's Day which for some really sucks. This message goes out to the world of Lonely Hearts that are having a really bad day. Scott. Bear With Me (For Scott's FB page, where he posts Vlogs daily: https://www.facebook.com/BearWithMeRadioShow?fref=nf
LINK to this video: http://youtu.be/9UHNCGtR9ac