Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Great Mystery: J A Jance: "Judgement Call"

Judgement Call by JA Jance
I'm a big fan of J.A. Jance, the mystery writer. She has three different series and I love them all. I recently finished the
latest in the Joanna Brady series. Joanna Brady is a sheriff in Cochise County, Arizona (that includes Tombstone and Bisbee, if you remember Wyatt Earp being there in the 1880s). This is the 15th in the series and I loved it as I loved the others. Joanna's dad and late husband were sheriffs before she became one. Her second husband Butch is a lovable guy and mystery writer. There are a lot of great relationships in this book as with others in the series, and you need not read them in order (but with any series it helps as the characters develop and age). 
  This book focuses on a high school principal with a mysterious past who is murdered in the desert. Her identity is uncovered in this great mystery with colorful characters. When another murder occurs the pieces start coming together. There's also a resolution in Joanna's father's accidental death. I can't wait for the next book! - Rob

J.A. Jance and her dogs


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy