Friday, December 20, 2013

The Boston Santa Speedo Run

As a former Bostonian, I can only say that I wish the city started on tradition when I lived there: The Santa Speedo Run. Now THAT'S a holiday event that would bring cheer and make us cheer! :)
  This event began in 2000 when a few Bostonians were trying to revel in the holiday spirit by taking part in a run through the Back Bay, wearing only Santa hats and their speedos (or other types of suits). Since that day, the SSRun has become an annual holiday tradition that attracts almost 700 runners each year, and has raised more than $1.4 million for local children in need. This year’s event  benefits the Play Ball Foundation.
The 2013 Santa Run in Boston

 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy