Thursday, June 17, 2010

Visiting a Friend's Dog!


Two of our friends have gone on vacation, and left their beautiful, big, 120 pound Mastiff at the Cozy Canine Camp in Millersville, Md. *We recommend them!*
So, last night when I picked up our dogs, I checked on Gracie. She was very quiet...until I came over!
It was about 5:30pm and she had been brought in and out throughout the day (the folks at daycare won't keep dogs out too long in the heat). Myla (who works there) told me that she and the others have been working with Gracie, to try and get her used to other dogs, and feeling comfortable. (They're really attentive).
- When I did see Gracie, I called her by her name, and she looked up. Then I sang to her as our friend instructed (although I was afraid the other dogs there would Howl). She got up from laying down, started wagging her tail, and SMILING! I opened the door to her big room, and took this photo. I also scratched the back of her neck and sang the little song to her. She was very happy. I also left 2 biscuits for her, too. It means a lot when a dog sees someone familiar. So, If you know a friend or neighbor whose dog is being boarded while they're away take 30 minutes and say hello to the dog. It means a lot. Think of how you would feel... dogs are no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy