Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saw the Jonah Hex Movie

Today, Tom and I were joined by our friend Jeff and went to see the new DC Comics movie "Jonah Hex." I've loved the character since 1979 when I read the first comic books about him. I thought the movie was GOOD!! I just could've done without the dream sequences and three flashbacks to his origin. Tom and Jeff didn't care for the movie. I don't know why. Tom said it was too violent, but that makes me laugh because he loves the TUDORS on Showtime, to draw and quarter, stab, slice, dice, hang and mutilated people during Henry the VIII's time. Oh, well. I LIKE JONAH HEX!!

Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone...and anything. He fought for the Confederacy until he learned they fought to keep slavery- then he left the army. He believed that all deserve the same rights, and also believed strongly in ethical treatment of animals. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Lilah (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy