Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vacation Day #3: Ogunquit, ME... and One Ghost!


Maine's coast is filled with stories of ghosts inhabiting various places. There are three Inns in Ogunquit that have stories of ghostly visitors. Luckily, the Gazebo Inn where we stayed was not haunted- I would've known. I was a little leery when they said it was a 200 year old farmhouse totally overhauled...but no one came to me, which made it more relaxing.
A ghost came to me in a gift shop called "Revelations" in Ogunquit. The shop (located at 59 Shore Road, P.O. Box 1730, Ogunquit, ME 03907, www.revelationsgifts.com), had really nice gifts in it, and it was located in the old United Methodist Church. The church was founded in 1874, and moved out in 2003, when the gift shop took over the space.
As I was walking on the right side of the shop, I got a headache in the back left side of my head, indicating that a ghost or spirit was around. The ghost said her name was "Agatha" and gave me the year 1934. That could be the year of her birth or death, I'm not certain. She showed me singing, but not necessarily in a choir. I think that she enjoyed going to church and singing the hymns. She then revealed to me how she passed. Sometimes ghosts will do that- they'll share some of the pain they experienced- so I started heavy labored breathing in the shop, and felt a twinge of pain on the left side of my chest, indicating heart failure. I left the store to alleviate the pain and heavy breathing, and it cleared once outside.
I called the shop on May 23rd, and spoke to a male employee. He said that recently a clairvoyant woman came in and also sensed a man. The employee also told me there's a rumor that someone hung themselves in the bell tower when it was a church- but I know that wasn't Agatha. I'm sure it was the man the other medium sensed.
Here's a photo of the store (formerly United Methodist Church).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy