Friday, May 1, 2009

Free Comic Book Day is This Saturday: May 2nd!


At 46, I still collect comic books- and I must say, they're extremely well written, and most have incredible artwork. I love Justice League of America, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Captain America and others. These are written for Adults. They're not like the comics of the 1960s and 1970s we grew up with. (Although there are superhero versions for kids today). Comic books inspired me to read, and I learned how to write better and create stories. When I didn't know a word that Batman said, for example, I'd look it up and remember it. SO, if you have children, get them involved in reading comic books. Now I write for a living, and I read a novel a week (plus all my comics). There's nothing like reading and writing. - Rob
What is Free Comic Book Day?
Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May - when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE* to anyone who comes into their stores. *Check with your local shop for their participation and rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy