Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vacation Day #3: Ogunquit, Maine!


Our third vacation day was spent exploring the town of Ogunquit, Maine- where we stayed. The weather was nasty... 54F, cloudy, damp, and windy, putting the wind chills somewhere in the low 40s (they were strong, gusty winds at the coast!). There's a 1 1/4 mile path that follows the rocky coast called "The Marginal Way" and we walked some of it (because it was really bitter outside!). Here we are posing for a picture on some rocks jutting into the ocean.

Here's a typical picture of what the coast looked like most of the time we were in Maine. Big waves crashing on rocks. What really surprised us was that there were people in wet suits trying to ride surfboards in that gusty, chilly weather. Oh, yeah, the water temps have to be in the 40s.

Tom and Jeff were more explorers than Gary and I were, so they ventured out far toward rock edges. Here's Jeff stumbling, but Tom and I just said that Jeff was "A Poser!"

Funny picture of Tom and I (Rob) when I was trying to set a timer on the camera and didn't quite make it in time to sit down!

Here's another picture that I thought was funny. "Jeff's a Poser!" - That's what we like to say about my mom, and Jeff showed that he does it, too. Notice Tom in the background on the bench giving a big yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy