Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sticking to Schedules

Sticking to a schedule or being a creature of habit isn't such a bad thing. I re-learned this week why our dogs love to stay on the schedule they've become accustomed to- because it messes up your body clock! - This week, I worked from 5am to 2pm (often a little later) because the Hubble Space Telescope is getting a massive technology repair, and reporters could call at any time.
That meant getting up earlier than normal (we usually get up at 4:30am, but that didn't work)... still making breakfast for Tom and the dogs, and packing not one but 2 lunches (Tom's and mine). It meant just letting the dogs out at 4:30am, and having Tom's parents drive up from Annapolis (20 mins) to let them out mid-morning. The dogs were thrown off- no morning walk, no daddy Rob working at home, or no drive to day care (although Tom's folks even did THAT for us 2 days this week). The dogs were out of sorts, and didn't sleep well, as we didn't.
I felt exhausted all week, although I gave it 110% at work. I came home, walked the dogs and was beat- but still had to run errands before going to our chiropractor (3 times a week) and making dinner for everyone. I want my schedule back! It's even upset my digestive system. So, the bottom line is-a schedule does a body and mind good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy