Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Great Consumer Blog - Our Favorite!


Ms. Dan Thanh was a consumer writer with the Baltimore Sun newspaper for years, and had the BEST consumer column we've ever read. We looked forward to it every week. She's since left the paper, but she DID start a Consumer Blog called "Consumer Wingman."
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE - It's one of our Blog Favorites in the Column to the Right, so you can read it often, too. It's been VERY HELPUL. She also promises to continue helping right consumer problems. You wouldn't believe some of the issues she corrected from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, to utilities and more.
Here's her description of it: "I'll do my best to fill you in on interesting consumer news and tidbits that might help me, you and your mother (father, too!) be better consumers. In turn, you tell us your best tips and share your happy, terrible, frustrating, surprising, or mindboggling attempts at trying to spend or save. Occasionally, you'll have to put up with my mini-rants about how businesses, politics, etc. affect consumers. But it's not a one-way rant. Feel free to share a rant, too. That's what makes this fun.
Also, on a more limited basis since I do this as a labor of love now and not full-time, I'll try to help you resolve your consumer problems. Yes, that's right. If you're at all familiar with my old Consuming Interests column at The Sun, readers used to write in with a complaint they couldn't resolve with a company and ask for assistance. I'd hear their side of the story, contact the company for its side and then try to negotiate a resolution between both parties. Win, lose or draw, I'd write a column out of the story and explain where things went wrong, who was at fault, who was willing to compromise and how to avoid stumbling into a similar situation." http://consumerwingman.blogspot.com/
NOTE FROM ROB AND TOM: This is one blog you really want to read all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy