Thursday, August 21, 2008

PART#4- My Dad's Presence at his Services - Into the Light and Electricity

This is last chapter associated with my Dad's services, and how he made himself known to me. This was also the first time I ever saw "the light" that spirits pass into. It was almost unnnerving. - Rob
After my Dad's funeral, which was extremely difficult as you would expect, we got back in the limousine and were driven to the cemetery, about 15 minutes away. I sensed that dad was driving with his body in the hearse ahead of us, then he came back and sat with us in the limo. Although there were no physical seats left open, he was in there with us. As I mentioned, spirits don't need physical seats to be there.
At the gravesite, I was seated next to my mother and 3 other family members facing the casket, which was surrounded by flowers from the funeral home. All of which were under a tent on this cloudy, unusually cool August day in New England.
While the priest was reading at the casket, and during the playing of taps in the background (the military supplied two soldiers for taps and folding of the flag), I sensed my dad standing on the left side of the tent, in front of the line of seats we were sitting in. He was very pleased by the tributes. Right after Taps finished, I saw a bright white light to my right, and asked my sister-in-law, Dawn, who was sitting to my right if she saw it. She didn't. I had never before seen "the light" that spirits pass into to go to Heaven.
I looked over to where the light was coming from. It was on a small hill just outside the tent and about 30 feet behind where the funeral home director was standing. I then saw figures come into focus. From right to left were my grandmother (dad's mom) holding an infant, her 2nd husband (my Dad's step-dad "Pop,") and her 1st husband (my dad's father), then my mom's parents. Sitting in front of them were three dogs: My parent's first dog Penny, the cocker spaniel; their second dog, Gigi, a poodle, and my puppy Buzz, a Weimaraner, who was killed by a car when his leash opened. They were waiting for my dad. I was overwhelmed and choked up.
Someone sang the "Our Father" and that was the last part of the service.
I then sensed my dad walking past mom and I and the others and into the light. The light was fading as the service ended, and people were turning to depart. I told my mom and Tom what had happened. I'll never forget that.

APPORTS AND ELECTRICITY
"Apport" is the action of a spirit or Earth-bound ghost to move things in a house. That's what we experienced.
On Tuesday, before the services, Tom, my Mom and I had put out two items in my mom's kitchen that we needed to do two tasks. One thing was a piece to the sink that Tom was going to install, and the other was a wallet with some of my dad's credit cards. We had put the sink piece on the kitchen counter on Tuesday, and Tom was going to fix it. When he went back later that day, it was missing. It simply wasn't there. Same thing with the wallet. Missing.
On Wednesday, my mom, Tom and I had been still looking like crazy for those items. My mom asked my dad aloud to help find these things. The next day, Thursday, we walked in the kitchen, the faucet piece was on the kitchen window, and the wallet was on the counter. There was no one else in the house.
On Friday, Tom and I were trying to help my mother with some things around the house. One thing we needed to fix was an electric outlet that suddenly stopped working Wednesday night, the day of the wake. I had a feeling that my dad was hanging around my mom's house that night (Wednesday) hoping to keep watch over her. Usually, Earth-bound spirits that hang around affect electricity, so this was no surprise to me that the outlet that she had the coffeemaker plugged into just suddenly stopped working.
The other odd electric thing that happened was the backyard floodlight suddenly went out that same night, Wednesday. Mom and Tom kept asking what was suddenly wrong with the electric things in the house. I told them how Earth-bound spirits who are hanging around (even until they pass) can affect electric things.
On Friday, Tom and I took a ladder out, propped it against the back of the house, and replaced the floodlight. We flipped the switch, and the light didn't go on. We flipped it over and over to no avail. Not having another new bulb, we let it go. I asked my dad for his help to make things work and thought that now that he passed into the light, he could help.
Tom dutifully then replaced the electric socket, and the plug then worked. Later that night, Tom let our dogs out in mom's fenced in yard, and flipped the switch out of habit. The light went on. I knew my dad took care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy