Tuesday, August 19, 2008

PART #3 - My Dad's Services- His Spirit Shocks My Mom and I at the Funeral

This is the third installment of how my dad's spirit kept in contact with me during the events after his passing.

The next day was the funeral. I was dreading that. We all met at the Funeral Home at 10 a.m. to say our last goodbyes. Before we left for the funeral at a Catholic Church about 5 minutes down the street, I struggled to read my tribute to my dad (that I had written on my blog the night he died) followed by the last letter he wrote me dated June 18, 2008. We then left for the funeral.

My mom and I were seated in the front pew of the church with my partner Tom and I on each side of her. My brothers and their wives were behind us in the second pew, because each of them gave their eulogies at church. I opted to do mine at the funeral home, because it was funny and serious, and I knew the setting would be better for me.

Here's where my dad really came through. My mom was crying hard at one point and holding tissues over her face. My dad came into my head and said "Tell your mother to use my handkerchief." My dad always carried handkerchiefs, mom never did. She didn't like them. My mother looked at me with a look of surprise and shock and said "How did you know I have a handkerchief in my pocket?" Answer: I didn't know. My dad told me. I told my mom that Dad was there and he told me to tell her that. She pulled out the hanky and used it, and it calmed her to know he was there. I was as surprised as my mother was, because I knew that in my 45 years I've never seen her use a handkerchief.

My mom knows and understands that I'm a medium of sorts. If she didn't believe me before, she certainly believed me then. I also sensed that my dad was standing behind my mom during a large part of the services, despite the fact that one of my sister-in-laws were sitting directly behind mom. Spirits don't need physical space like we think of it.

Another sign I received from my dad was a feeling of how he died. I was still sitting in the pew next to my mom and Tom, and at one point, I felt a warm sensation in the left side of my chest become hot, and spread through the left side of my chest and down my right arm. My dad passed from a stroke, and I have no idea what a stroke feels like, and am unsure if this is how it may feel. I do know, however, that my dad was telling me that it was a heart issue that took him from Earth.

The next and final part of my dad's coming to me during this traumatic week occurred at the gravesite. I'll post that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy