Monday, March 24, 2008

Ghostly Encounters and a Great New Book!

Because I've been able to sense ghosts since I was a teen (especially in the last couple of years), I found (and am reading) a new book called "When Ghosts Speak" by Mary Ann Winkowski. I found it this weekend at Barnes and Noble. The author has been able to see and communicate with ghosts since she was a young child - (she has a website: http://www.maryannwinkowski.com/)
The first time I saw a ghost was in 1976: I was 16 and I saw my grandfather materialize in my parent's house about 6 months after he passed away. Since then, I've seen more ghosts, heard them, and felt their cold touch. I'm not crazy, just sensitive to the energies they give off. The spirit that has visited me most is that of my puppy, Buzz Wyatt, who was killed in Feb. 2005, when his leash opened next to a street. He's moved things, appeared to me, and I felt a deep coldness on one part of my body in the summertime, but knew it was him.
During Dec. 2007, Tom, his folks and I went on Christmas tours of local historic mansions. The Marietta House at 5626 Bell Station Road, Glenn Dale, Md. (PHOTO LEFT) was the plantation home of Gabriel Duvall, an associate justice on the Supreme Court in 1811. We walked in and I developed a headache immediately, and sensed something upstairs.
(NOTE: In this BOOK- the author noted that one of her daughters, who also has the ability to sense/see ghosts, always gets a HEADACHE when she's around them... JUST LIKE ME. It's comforting to hear that - as it's easy for others to tell me that I'm making it up.)
Anyway, when we reached the "Guest" bedroom upstairs, I told Tom I felt anxious and uncomfortable. I asked the tour guide stationed in the room if someone died in there from a heart problem, as when I walked in the room, I got pains in the center of my chest. Someone did. She also said she felt anxious and uneasy. I felt it was an adult male ghost haunting the room. Turns out that Tom's stepdad felt it, too. When we went into the next room, I spoke to a woman who knew the history of the mansion, and confirmed that there was a man that died in that room where I got the chest pains.
Marietta, the Federal style brick home of Gabriel Duvall, an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built ca. 1813, Marietta remained under ownership of the Duvall family until 1902. Justice Duvall's law office and root cellar still remain today. Marietta is situated on 25 acres of lawn and wooded areas and the grounds boast two County Champion trees and lovely old boxwood. Their website: http://www.pgparks.com/places/eleganthistoric/marietta_intro.html

IF YOU HAVE A GHOST STORY- PLEASE SHARE IT WITH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy