Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome to the Buzzletter Blog

Happy 2008. After writing a personal newsletter every three months since 1993, and mailing them out to friends around the U.S. since then- I was just turned on to blogging today (yeah, I'm behind the times) by my good friend Mike Alley, who started a blog of his own.

I'm not sure how much I'll update this, but it's worth a try - I am, after all, a writer for the gov't.

Here goes - After 10 wonderful days of vacation with Tom and the dogs, it was back to work this past Wednesday, January 2nd. Getting up at 4am EST is not fun, but necessary. Work was crazy catching up from vacation for both Tom and I - as expected. Now, it's the weekend, and I managed to plug through some 400 work emails in the last 3 days and more.

Dolly and Franklin are getting over chewing on rawhide bones. It turns out they don't agree with them, and they let us know from both ends, unfortunately. Poor kids. At least today, they're finally eating their food again.

It's COLD here. It was 16F at 6:15am when I took the kids to doggy daycare. Of course it was ZERO fahrenheit in Massachusetts, where my parents live. Eeesh.

Please keep Ms. Pat Martin of Orlando, FL. in your prayers. She's the mom of my friend Kathy, and Pat is failing rapidly.

That's all for now- we hope to see the movie "Atonement" this weekend, finally. Will let you know how it is.
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy