Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Atonement" at the Movies /Work on the Townhouse

We finally got to see "Atonement" at the movies today- it's been on our list for 2 months!
I'm not much for movies about British folks, as I find the accents sometimes difficult to understand. It was a good movie- very romantic, although there were parts when characters didn't speak at times when, if they did - things would've been clarified and life would have been good.- This drove me nuts, because I'm all about communicating. Yeah, the end made both Tom and I cry. It was worth seeing, and I give it a "B."

We didn't get a chance to work on my townhouse this weekend- even though we want to complete it by Feb. 1 to put it on the market. SO, we've decided that we need to work on it all next weekend. Sigh.

Surprise Visits are great- Our friends Steve and Jane surprised us at our local Panera for our regular early morning breakfast ritual. That was fun!

Sat. night, our friends Jeff and Gary brought over the movie "Borstal Boy" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borstal_Boy - interesting and true story of an Irish teen imprisoned in a camp in England for planning to ignite a bomb for the Irish Rep. Army in 1941. I give this a "B" as well. It's on DVD.

Prayer Request for Pat Martin- who passed away Friday night, January 4 in St. Cloud, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy