Monday, February 12, 2024

Received a Nice Surprise - 5 Months Later

For those who don't know, in my spare time, I do "Pet spirit readings" - that is, I connect to a pet who passed away and provide messages from them to let their pet parent know they're still very much around. I did an "emergency pet reading" for someone interested in having me speak and didn't think anything of it until I got a really nice surprise 5 months later. Today's blog is about that surprise.

My four books in the "Pets and the Afterlife" series are filled with readings and confirmations. Back in September, I was contacted by a woman who works in a veterinary clinic and whose dog had just passed. She wanted to talk with me about doing a lecture at the Veterinary Practice on how pets communicate from the afterlife. I've given countless lectures for rescues, veterinarians, and many other venues, so this is a common request. I agreed to do the lecture if wanted.

But since her dog passed and she didn't know how readings work, I did an "emergency" pet reading and didn't ask for my standard fee ($25) so she would get an idea of how my readings work and get comfort from her dog who passed.

She received the messages, understood them, and sent a nice thank you note. But, I didn't hear back about the lecture. However, I understand these events take time, planning, and a lot of approvals to organize. So, I forgot about it. It's easy to forget when I do hundreds of readings a year, and events or interviews every other weekend.

Then, last month, about 5 months after the reading, she sent me a note and a surprise payment of double what I usually charge for a reading. I was so taken aback by it. She wrote, "I am sending $50.00 for my dog's reading from September. I know you said I didn't have to but I wanted to. I hope you and the family are warm and well."

Today's lesson: No matter how long it takes, a nice note or even more, is always appreciated after a gesture of kindness. I was very touched and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy