Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Greece Vacation #2: Ed's Spirit Helps Out in the Airport

 In today's second blog about our Greece vacation, you'll read that it wasn't long before our friend Ed in spirit showed up to help when we needed him. 


(Photo: Rob and Tom reach Chicago on the first leg of the trip to Athens, Greece) 

THE SITUATION - When we arrived at our departure airport, I realized I didn't have the straps to my backpack, so I had to hand carry it. I took everything out of the bag and looked in it. No strap. I was frustrated because I was going to be taking the backpack with me throughout Greece. It was heavy with books, graphic novels, snacks, earplugs and other stuff I brought. When we got to Chicago, we walked through many stores in the airline terminals searching through stores that may sell straps. 

WHO IS ED?- Ed is a man who passed in 1996 and he is Tom's late partner. I never met Ed in life, but since Tom and I have been together since 2005, Ed has been right there with us. That's the benefit of being a medium - I can communicate with people (and pets) whom passed. Ed has come around so much and helped us (he actually saved us when we got lost in England, and helped solve the mystery of his own death. - You can read about those things in my book called "Kindred Spirits" available on Amazon). 

HOW ED HELPED - I was feeling as if Ed were already with us on the trip when we landed in Chicago, because I sensed he wanted to experience Greece (and he was interested in mythology as I am).  

After a lunch in the terminal, I told Tom that I feel we need to continue looking for a strap for the bookbag. We chose a different terminal to walk down and it became apparent that Ed made us choose it. 

(Photo: The makeshift twine strap that Ed provided and Tom engineered on my book bag).


Upon walking into the first gift shop, there on the floor was a perfectly sized piece of strong twine that an employee had cut off a box to unpack products. The store clerk was going to toss the twine so we picked it up and Tom fashioned a makeshift strap!

(Left: the book Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, by Rob Gutro - the story of how I befriended Ed's spirit!- available on Amazon)

For doubters, what are the chances that we would walk down that particular terminal, and look in that particular store at the exact time that a perfect piece of twine was on the floor?  The chances are astronomical. As I always say, when it comes to spirits, there's no such thing as a coincidence. I thanked Ed for the makeshift strap (I later found the straps in Greece, but this came in handy all the way to the hotel in Athens). The bottom line is that when we need help, spirits of our loved ones are there to help.

NEXT: ARRIVAL IN ATHENS, GREECE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy