Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Great Children's book: That Monster on the Block by Sue Ganz-Schmitt

 Last week I wrote about a mystery writer whom I was privileged to meet on-line. I also recently
befriended another author, Sue Ganz-Schmitt, and she writes amazing Children's books. I just read her book "That Monster on the Block." This is a MUST for all children. It teaches that although we are different, we should accept and befriend each other. As I read this, I thought, "when we moved here, there were a couple of monsters on our block, too, but we won them over." The great story and the characters are brought to life by wonderful illustrations from Luke Flowers, too.  Every child should read this book and learn from it. I think adults could learn a lot from it, too.  5 of 5 stars! 

ABOUT THE BOOK: Monster is excited to see what kind of creature will move into Vampire’s old house on the block. He even starts practicing his welcome growl for the new neighbor. But when the moving truck pulls up, it’s not a greedy goblin, an ogre, or a dastardly dragon that steps out. Instead, it’s something even more terrifying than Monster could have imagined! Monster quickly rallies the other neighbors to unite against the new guy on the block. But what if the new neighbor isn’t exactly as bad as Monster thinks? Join Monster as he confronts his fears in this charming and lighthearted look at what it means to accept others who are different from us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy