Monday, September 18, 2017

Dog Teethbrushing Time -Why It's Important!

 Every day I (Rob) brush our dogs' teeth. When you think about not brushing your
Franklin, Tyler and Dolly

own teeth, it's pretty nasty. 


WHY IT'S IMPORTANT:  Well, bacteria builds up in their mouths, too, as does tartar and plaque. And how you would you like having to go to a hospital to get put under once in a while to get your teeth scraped? Not a good feeling. So, why make them go through it?    So, I brush their teeth daily - and each of them have their own toothbrush. 

BEST TOOTHPASTE FOR DOGS ? I also found that Arm and Hammer dog toothpaste seems to be the most effective. 
   
OUR KIDS' REACTIONS: 
   Dolly (the Weimaraner) is extremely patient and lets me get all of her teeth, including the back molars. 

Toothbrushes: Dolly, Franklin, Tyler and Max's
   Tyler (black and tan Dachshund) is also extremely patient and lets me brush all his teeth. In fact, he thinks the toothpaste is a treat so he welcomes it!
   Franklin, our elder (11 yr old, red) Dachshund hates it. He fights me, pulls away, even snarls when I try to brush his teeth, and his teeth are the worst. 

BEST DENTAL TREATS - We have found that the Dingo Dental treats are the best for their teeth, too. 
Since Dolly was a puppy, I've been giving them to her. She's had one dental cleaning in 10 years (because I wasn't brushing her teeth early on) and her teeth look good. Arm and Hammer also makes a dental foam that will work on plaque and improve breath. 

So, take care of your dog's teeth as you take care of your own!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy