Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Great Animal Rescue Fundraising Talk in Tilton, NH

On Saturday, March 16th, I gave a "Pets and the Afterlife" lecture in Tilton, New Hampshire as a fundraiser for the Franklin Animal Shelter. It takes a good number of people to make anything happen. Today's blog is about the event and you'll learn a little about Tilton, too. 

ABOUT TILTON: I had never been to Tilton, NH before. Tilton is a town on the Winnipesaukee River in Belknap County, New Hampshire, and the population is around 4,000. The drive there from southern Maine took about 1 hour and 20 minutes, through forested roads. The sunny weather made the drive pleasant.

ABOUT THE EVENT: Back in October I attended the New Hampshire Comic Con in Manchester, and I met Jeff LeBlanc and other volunteers from the Franklin Animal Shelter who had a table there to fundraise. I explained that I do fundraising lectures where the rescue charges and keeps all the proceeds for shelter to care for the animals.

Jeff connected with Brittany at the Hall Memorial Library in Tilton, NH for a space to give the lecture, and Brittany and her mom (who also works at the library) made it happen. 


The rescue, the library and I all advertised the event on social media and it was a full house. Jeff met me at the library and helped me set up my banners, books and post cards. He introduced himself, the rescue and me. The event began at 12pm and when I realized it was 1:15pm I tried to wrap it up but the audience asked me to continue. There were a lot of questions and many shared experiences people had with signs from their own pets in spirit. There were also some healing tears. By 1:45pm, I wrapped up and signed some books. 

Thanks to Jeff, Brittany and Nancy for making it happen! Watch robgutro com/events for more appearances.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy