Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Enjoyed Movie: Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods!

 I'm not much of a movie watcher,  but I bought Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods on DVD and both Tom and I enjoyed it.  I think you will, too. There's a lot of humor, superheroes, villains you'll love to hate, and much more. Today's blog is my take on this great movie!


  This is the second film in the 2 film run (Wish there were more) for Zachary Levi as Shazam the REAL Captain Marvel from the 1940s (not that stupid Marvel comics cheap knockoff hero).  Although it was said not to do well at the box office, I have NO idea why. It was really entertaining and well done. Zachary Levi truly embodies the character of Shazam / Capt. Marvel, and Asher Angel who portrays Billy Batson, his civilian alter ego, does an excellent job. In fact, ALL of the actors were amazing.  Jack Dylan Grazer gets a special shout-out from me as Freddy Freeman (Captain Marvel Jr.). ( I also think D.J. Cotrona /superhero Pedro; Ross Butler/Superhero Eugene and Adam Brody/Superhero Freddy - are hunks!).   Billy's parents and siblings (and their counterpart heroes) were all awesome! 

The Shazam Family (the TRUE Marvel Family). 

The movie was fun, and exciting and the three Goddesses who were the villains were great. Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu and Rachel Zegler were the Goddesses. Lucy Liu really played the villain part to the hilt!! OH, and there's a surprise SUPERHERO appearance at the end of the movie, that was awesome. Glad I bought this DVD. I will enjoy it over and over. 

MOVIE TRAILER: https://youtu.be/Zi88i4CpHe4?si=dsTrm4KJ-k1B7-E4

ABOUT THE MOVIE: Bestowed with the powers of the gods, Billy Batson and his fellow foster kids are still learning how to juggle teenage life with their adult superhero alter egos. When a vengeful trio of ancient gods arrives on Earth in search of the magic stolen from them long ago, Shazam and his allies get thrust into a battle for their superpowers, their lives, and the fate of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy