Thursday, March 16, 2023

Pet Peeve: Bad Grammar & Public Figures / A Grammar Fix for writing

Speaking clearly and grammatically correctly gives the appearance of an educated person.  Recently, an admired public figure gave an interview where he sounded uneducated. It's troublesome, because younger people look up to them, and emulate them, even in incorrect speech. Today's blog contains the example, and a LINK to a free Grammar check to help you in your emails...

This famous director/actor said the following when asked about his current project:

"Who said that? Who said that? You said that! I ain't say that! I don't even know no rumors about that one."  

Corrected: 1) I didn't say that. I don't even know any rumors... 

1 WORD  PET PEEVE:   One word that makes me crazy, is when people mis-use "ax" for "ask."  

"Ax" or "Axe" is a tool.      "Ask" means to request.    To say "Ax" makes people sound uneducated. It only takes a little thought to pronounce "ask."  And it makes you sound much more intelligent. 

GRAMMARLY- I have the Free Grammarly App on my computer to catch mistakes, as I do a lot of writing. Why? Because you can't be an effective self-editor (I even go back and re-read things before finalizing). About Grammarly- Compose bold, clear, mistake-free writing with Grammarly’s new AI-powered desktop app.

  To get it: https://www.grammarly.com/signup?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1711727224&utm_content=394631897168&utm_term=proper+grammar&matchtype=b&placement=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAiA3pugBhAwEiwAWFzwddPmSsMlHHs5vEwZFW6lmcyCrwm6IWM1pVrV46x0zeR3morHHMcbtBoCp54QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&afterSurvey=recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy