Thursday, December 8, 2022

Baltimore Comic Con Day #3: Unmasked by Nightwing!

In this third and last blog about the Baltimore Comic Con, I was "unmasked" by another hero who was also back in "civilian garb."  Today's blog is about that story and how we helped each other. 

(Photo: Gary and Rob unmasked from Nightwing and Green Lantern)

UNMASKED! - On Day 2, I saw this handsome guy walking around in a Nightwing costume, and thought "I really want to get a picture with him."  I never got the chance until Day 3. 

WHO IS NIGHTWING - Nightwing is the identity that Robin, of Batman fame, took on after he got older. Richard John "Dick" Grayson is a superhero who is part of the Titans. He's in a monthly comic book series from DC Comics- and it's one of the BEST comics on the market.   

(Photo Right: Gary as Nightwing in between Captain America (left) and Batman (right) 

A HEROIC ENCOUNTER- Gary, the guy who was dressed as Nightwing on Day 2 (but not on day 3) was in one of the comic vendor booths going through comic books, when I walked up to the booth and started going through them in the same area. Since he had just gone through 4 boxes I was headed toward I asked him if he saw any "Batman Family" series. He said no, but told me what vendor had them. THEN he stopped searching the boxes and offered to walk me across the convention to the comic vendor who had them - So, we did.  What an incredibly nice, thoughtful guy. 

UNMASKED! - As we were walking through the convention center he said "You were Green Lantern yesterday, weren't you?" I confessed, and he confessed to being Nightwing. He also wanted a picture together in costume, so instead we opted for one in "civilian clothes."  We spent the next couple of hours in the convention, and he looked for comics for my list, and I searched for comics on his list. This made my day.  Gary really is a heroic kind of guy and now we keep in touch. 

(Photos: Rob as Green Lantern. Below: Attendees dressed up as the Ghostbusters). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy