Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Baltimore Comic Con Day #2 - Rob as Green Lantern, Meets Heroes- Gets BIG Honor!!

 Today's Blog is part 2 of 3 for my Baltimore Comic-Con adventure with my friend Grey. On day 2, which was a Saturday, the Comic-Con was having a costume contest, so many people dressed up as superheroes, supervillains, cartoon characters, fantasy or television characters. I went to the comic con as Hal Jordan's Green Lantern- THE Green Lantern (there are now many, but he was the original silver age character. Today's blog will introduce you to other characters I met and I received a HUGE HONOR from a Legendary Artist.

BLACK ADAM - Wow! I met this guy who created the BEST costume for the anti-hero "Black Adam" - star of a current (amazing) superhero film. In ancient Kahndaq, Teth Adam was bestowed the almighty powers of the gods. After using these powers for vengeance, he was imprisoned, becoming Black Adam. Nearly 5,000 years have passed, and Black Adam has gone from man to myth to legend.
 
A MYSTERY HERO - I'm unsure whom this woman was dressed as, but I loved her costume, and she was super nice. We posed together for a fun photo! 


GREEN ARROW - Most people know Green Arrow thanks to the CW TV show that ran 8 seasons. Green Arrow is a superhero who appears in American comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Mort Weisinger and designed by George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941. 

THE HISTORIC GREEN LANTERN and GREEN ARROW TEAM  - Taking a photo with a man dressed as Green Arrow was a big thrill for me because those 2 characters were an Incredible TEAM together in 1 comic book series in the 1970s!! - 

(PHOTOS: Grey and Rob - dressed as the Green Lantern; and a photo of Green Lantern and Green Arrow in action! )  
    The heroic team of Green Lantern and Green Arrow made their return in 1976 following their groundbreaking, social and political issue-drive adventures from the start of the '70s. In these new tales, the pair battled cosmic villains that threatened the safety of Earth and the entire galaxy.

ROB GETS A BIG THRILL FROM LEGENDARY ARTIST- 


Mike Grell is an artist who helped bring the characters of Green Lantern and Green Arrow back into the mainstream. I've LOVED his art since I was a teenager- especially when he did Green Lantern, Superboy, Warlord and others. 
   Grey and I had gone to Mike Grell's table on day 1, when I was not in costume. On Day 2, we went back to pick up Grey's sketch that he asked Mike to do. 
   Mike Grell stopped me and gave me a HUGE compliment- He said, "You have the perfect physique for Hal Jordan's Green Lantern. Muscular and lean."  

   I was astounded and flattered (after all, I'm now 60). Mike then asked me for a picture with me in front of his banner!  

- THEN he posted it on His social media pages!  I will always treasure that day. 
 
NEXT: Unmasked by Nightwing!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy