Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Great Classic Graphic Novel Collection: DC Showcase Presents Unknown Soldier Vol. 2

I've been reading comic books since the 1970s and I never got into war comics because I didn't like the idea of it. But recently I bought a 500-page black and white graphic novel collection of "The Unknown Soldier" stories from DC Comics called "DC Showcase Presents Unknown Soldier Vol. 2." 

    The Unknown Soldier is a man whose face was permanently and badly damaged so he has to wear bandages wrapped around his face. But he's one of the most resourceful, intelligent soldiers and he's a master of disguise - so when he infiltrates enemy lines, he takes the identities of some local people, or enemy soldiers or officers (that he does away with) to complete his missions. All of these stories were extremely well done and thought out. Most were written by Bob Haney or David Michelinie and many were illustrated by the famous joe Kubert. The mystery, intrigue, and action of the stories were really enjoyable. I will look for Volume 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy