Thursday, December 12, 2019

My Experiences: More Intense Hurricanes/Typhoons- Global Warming Reality

As a meteorologist, I have seen how the climate (a long term viewing of weather) has changed, especially in the last 15 years. My specialty is tropical meteorology, and I've noticed more intense tropical cyclones (that is hurricanes/typhoons) since 2005.  

MORE INTENSE TROPICAL CYCLONES/HURRICANES/TYPHOONS -
The tropical cyclone intensity increases  became very apparent in 2015, when the most intense Eastern Pacific Ocean hurricane hit Mexico (see below). I've also seen a LOT more Category 5 Hurricanes and Typhoons since 2005 than ever before. That's because sea surface temperatures are warming, just as land surfaces and the atmosphere continues to warm.

REMEMBER THIS? The most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the eastern Pacific will made a catastrophic landfall  in southwestern Mexico, the National Weather Service said. On Oct. 23, 2015, Hurricane Patricia was bringing SUSTAINED winds over 215 mph (and higher gusts). This has NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE.


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy