Monday, December 30, 2019

My Book Review: The Flash: The Tornado Twins (The Flash Book 3)

As a superhero fan, I try to read any novels that come out about my favorite characters.  Recently I
read "The Flash: The Tornado Twins (The Flash Book 3)" by Barry Lyga. I did read the previous books, too, and they all have a storyline thread that connects them.
  This one, titled the "Tornado Twins" didn't grab me. The "tornado twins" seemed like filler characters that the Flash ran into somewhere in the future, while trying to get further in the future. These characters didn't do anything for me. Granted they helped solve a problem the Flash faced, but I didn't care about them.  The story also says they introduced the Flash to the 'cosmic treadmill,' going outside of comic book lore. As a Flash fan, that bothered me. So did the fight scene in the future, but I won't give that away.
   I understand the need to bring in young (teen) readers, but the story just didn't do it for me- and an angry outburst from the Iris West character was so out of line for the character as depicted on the television CW Network show. So, I would skip this novel, and unfortunately, I don't intend to get any future volumes.
   It's a rare thing for me to put in a not positive review, but I was  really disappointed.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy