Monday, November 6, 2017

Fun Mystery: The Chihuahua Always Sniffs Twice (Barking Detective Mysteries Book 4)

I read a lot of mysteries, and as I've noted on this blog before The Barking Detective mystery series is truly one of my favorites. I recently finished "The Chihuahua Always Sniffs Twice" by Waverly Curtis and it's another 5 out of 5 star, fun novel. It features Geri Sullivan, a private investigator and her Chihuahua named Pepe. The thing is that Pepe can talk in English, but only Geri hears him. He also  helps her solve every case. It's like Scooby Doo!  
  This novel was just as great as the other 4 in the series (I have already read the 5th). It's fun, light-hearted and a page turner. It's about a family of step-kids who are angry that their step mother left her fortune to 5 cocker spaniels. ... and they all want to prove she's insane (after she died). 
  The last Pepe novel (www.pepnovels.com) came out in 2015 and I can't wait for another one. I love Pepe and Geri. I really hope the authors are writing a 6th book! - Rob 

You can buy it on Amazon.com here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFP7YK4/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Aspiring P.I. Geri Sullivan's new case has got her talking Chihuahua, Pepe, hot under the collar. Wealthy widow Lucille Carpenter left her entire fortune to her beloved dogs, and someone is trying to poison them. Anyone who would hurt a perro is lower than a cucaracha in Pepe's book. But when Geri and Pepe investigate, they discover that it's not just the coddled canines who are in danger. Now there are human targets too. 
  At the lavish Carpenter manor, Pepe digs for clues among the pampered pooches, bitter relatives, suspicious staff, and larcenous lawyers. But there's only one diminutive detective smart enough to save the day--and the dogs.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy