Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Adventures in Filling a Holiday Weekend!

So how do you pack a holiday weekend with things to do?  We managed! Dog walks,
Franklin approved Tom's gardening
grocery shopping, house cleaning and more.  There were many of our own projects to work on,too, from construction to toy mending to blogs and promotions.

CONSTRUCTION AND TV
   Tom worked on wiring and insulation for our upgraded sun porch (we'll share pictures soon) and lots of gardening and weeding. 
He also found the STARZ channel show "Outlander," that he's been binge watching. 
  RE-SQUEAKING TOYS
Tyler enjoying his groundhog that got a New Squeaker
I watched the show with Tom, but wound up sewing new squeakers into Tyler's dog toys for about 1 1/2 hours! Tyler loves de-squeaking his toys (he removed one from his groundhog last Tyler Thursday... and that was the 12th one! So, I bought a bag of 100 new squeakers on Amazon and sewed them into  the de-squeaked toys- making them as good as new!
  WRITING MY BOOKS AND LOTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA/BLOGGING
  I (Rob) spent part of each day working on my 5th book, called "Ghosts of England, A Medium's Encounters on Vacation."  I wound up sketching a few pictures for the book, too.
   I also wrote hurricane updates daily, posted blogs for us, and my book blog, and have been helping my brother Doug with social media in his campaign run for School Committee in New England. I'm also compiling a list of names and addresses of Veterinarians in all states (doing Google searches) and will then use them to mail promotional post cards about my "Pets and the Afterlife" books. Yes, they'll all be handwritten addresses, and Tom will stamp 'em. It's going to take a long time to do it!
  DOG TRAINING
   Each day,  I also took our three dogs in the backyard and did treat training. I have them sit on one side of the yard, and I run to the other side, then call them to come- and they run for a treat. They also circle around trees when I tell them, doing figure 8s. I've been working with them for years, and they love doing it!  
   If you are bored and don't know what to do with your time, we'll give some suggestions! :)
  
 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy