|Banners for my book and the Weimaraner Rescue I put up|
|A Basset Hound at the Expo|
1) CUSHION EXPERIENCE - The seat in the front of the car where I sat (because I had a very heavy suitcase packed with books) was apparently a common seat used by heavy people, because there was ZERO padding left in it. - When I later moved I found the cushion was supposed to be 3" thick, not 1/2" thick! :)
2) PACK FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER- I packed crackers and cookies. Getting up when you travel alone is not a good idea because your luggage sits there. Fortunately, I also sat near the restroom end of the car.
3) NICE RIDE- From Baltimore to Bridgeport, Connecticut the ride was about 6 hours.
4) CONVENIENT - What was convenient about the Pet Expo is that it was 3 blocks from the Amtrak Station, so I walked with my suitcases (I had 2). The hotel was just another 4 blocks away, so that was also easy to walk to, and there were both a DUNKIN DONUTS and an Italian Restaurant called "Ralph and Rich's" (best Italian food!) where Tom and I got married in 2009, btw. So it was all convenient.
|Ralph and Rich's in Bridgeport Great Italian Food|
- After I got off the train I went right to the expo and set up my booth. I checked in the hotel and then had a nice Italian dinner at Ralph and Rich's restaurant. The next day was the Pet Expo.
NEXT: THE PET EXPO
THEN: THE CRAZINESS AT THE HOTEL