Monday, December 9, 2013

Tyler the Gift Thief!!

Tyler the thief gloating with his new toy
I (Rob) was working at home last week and working downstairs when I noticed our 3 year old black and tan dachshund, "Tyler the Terror" disappear. I figured he went into another room to get a toy he dropped, which is something he does. 
   Well, the night before I had put a couple of bags full of dog toys and dog presents upstairs in our TV room to wrap. I closed the bags and put them in a corner and when we were watching TV the night before and all the dogs were upstairs with us, no one paid attention to the bags... THEN.
   As I continued to work from home the next day, I heard Tyler coming down the stairs and looked over at him. He had one of the dog toys in his mouth and had torn the cardboard attachment off of it!  He stole the toy from the gift bag upstairs!! - So, I removed the rest of the cardboard and let him have it. I then went upstairs and closed the bags and put them in the corner of the room, and barricaded them with boxes (that I'll use for shipping).
Tearing into the gift he stole!
   It doesn't end there. I continued working and a couple of hours later I didn't realize that he disappeared again to the upstairs level. I did notice him when he came back with yet ANOTHER unstuffed dog toy (we buy them unstuffed toys so we don't have to pick up the stuffing all the time). The little thief!!  He tore the cardboard off that toy, too... SO, whoever says dogs can't think, can't reason, can't plot and don't know when you're n
ot looking, obviously doesn't have a dog. Tyler did all of the above and is now gloating with his new toys.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy