Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crazy Couple of Days

The last couple of days have been busy and crazy. - We took Sprite (our foster dog) back to the vet for a check up after he had 13 teeth pulled. By the 3rd day after surgery he was finally eating again, and has energy, so we're relieved. He's doing well.
 - We had our friend Jeff's parents (Ann and Dick) over for a wonderful lunch on Saturday and spent most of the day together with them, Jeff and Jose. It was a lot of fun to not go anywhere and just spend time together. They're visiting from Maine where there are still 4 foot high piles of dirty snow in the parking lots of stores. They can have it!
- Tom starts his new job on Monday, and we're looking forward to getting up at 5:30am instead of 4am because his commute is a LOT shorter. YES!!
- The Federal Gov't is going to be open, much to my relief. I hate not working because I love my job.
- I'm glad the gov't is open. I won't get much into the politics, but I think it seems really odd that the Republican party seems to forget that GOP President Bush is the one who put the country into debt. Why the heck didn't they care when he was doing it?  Hmmm. Anyway, the other thing about them trying to remove funding for planned parenthood, when we have so many kids having kids is Stupid.  Fortunately the percentage has dropped over the last several years- so cuts NOW would likely raise those rates again. I STILL haven't seen the GOP reduce tax breaks for big businesses, the Rich, and reduce famr subsidies - things that they favor. They're also using the budget to push their stupid conservative agenda. I'll stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy