Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Laptops vs. Desktops

I'm going to get a lot of crap for posting this blog, but hey, it's how I feel.
I just learned that I have to do away with my PC at the office (AND AT HOME) and use a laptop. UGH. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate laptops. Did I say I hate them?
-My office MADE ME use them about 4 years ago. The first brand new MAC laptop had a harddrive failure and I lost everything. The replacement had a harddrive failure 3 weeks into using it - I again lost everything. The THIRD replacement had a harddrive failure (and NO, I never removed them from the office, beat them tossed them against the wall or abused them). The store that provided them said "just a bad batch." That was enough to permanently OFF me from Macs and Laptops. I've been using a GREAT PC by DELL since then, in both the office and at home. They work wonderfully, and NO hard-drive crashes.
- NOW I learned that the gov't WANTS me to use a laptop. UGH. HATE IT!! I don't want to lug this thing to and from the office. I don't want to have to worry about leaving it in my vehicle to run an errand to avoid having it melt or freeze (OH, I also had the misfortune of having a laptop stolen from my truck many years ago..forgot about laptop #4). I want my PC. I want my DELL. I hate Apple. I hate MacIntosh. They're NOT INTUITIVE. They're cumbersome and awkward. Now I have to relearn everything and use something I can't stand. Plus, I'm sure after a month the damned harddrive will CRASH. At least I have everything on a memory stick now. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy