Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Enjoyable Graphic Novel; Sherlock Holmes: The Vanishing Man /Dynamite comics

I love Sherlock Holmes stories and have two volumes of stories from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Recently, I discovered a comic book series called "Sherlock Holmes: The Vanishing Man" by Dynamite Comics. I read the first issue and I was hooked, so I bought the graphic novel that contained the entire storyline and it was wonderful.

AN ODD FINDING - It turns out that this comic book series came out in 2018, and one of the comic book store employees accidentally put on the shelf of "new releases." I didn't check the date inside (it's also in very small print on the bottom of the first page) but it didn't matter when it came out. I love the character and Dr. John Watson, and this was a New story (Not one of Arthur Conan Doyle's stories). 

ABOUT THE BOOK - Michael Williams is a family man. A reliable man at both work and home. When he disappears, there are no clues left behind. Now, it is up to Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson to find out what happened to him and what danger may be lurking around every corner, in the case of The Vanishing Man! Softcover, 104 pages, full color. 

MY REVIEW - There's a good mystery here that I didn't see coming, and there's also an appearance of Professor Moriarity, Holmes' nemesis. The graphic novel is written by Leah Moore and John Reppion and illustrated by Julius Ohta. The story was very good, and the illustrations were amazing. I love how the artist depicts Sherlock Holmes and Watson. 

BOTTOM LINE - Definitely worth reading, especially if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy