Thursday, January 25, 2024

Great Classic Aquaman Collection: Showcase Presents Aquaman Volume 2

 I've been reading comics since the 1970s, and I've always loved Aquaman. That blonde, muscular, water and air-breathing, King of Atlantis, married to Queen Mera of an Ocean world from another dimension. His sidekick was Aqualad (now grown into a hero named Tempest). Aquaman had a pet Octopus named Topo, and he communicated with all sea life to get their help with situations. 

Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I like the color orange, because that's the color of his shirt. I've even dressed up as Aquaman at various Comic cons!  The picture of me dressed as Aquaman is from the Baltimore Comic Con back in 2010! 

I love these classics!!!

About this volume:  Showcase Presents Aquaman Volume 2 

More 1960s adventures of the master of the sea!  This collection has the Introduction of Queen Mera, and the Wedding of Aquaman and Mera!!  Features Aqualad in every story, and introduces the Fisherman!   

    This volume collects stories from Aquaman #7-23, World's Finest #130-133, #135, #137 and #139 and the Brave and the Bold #51  (Aquaman and Hawkman team up)!   This black-and-white reprint of the Aquaman series takes you back to the beginning.  

1 comment:

  1. Those old Aquaman stories featured artwork from one of my all-time favorite artists, the great Nick Cardy! I don't have that Showcase volume, (I remember almost buying it one day at the comic book store a few years back, but decided not to because of the black & white art. Now I regret that decision, as it's no longer in print!).

    ReplyDelete

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy