Friday, November 10, 2023

Good Reference book: Ghosts, Spirits, and Hauntings by Patricia Telesco

My local library was having a book sale recently, and I bought the 2002 book "Ghosts, Spirits and Hauntings" by Patricia Telesco.  The book had some good information and some things I hadn't heard of or necessarily agreed with 100%, but paranormal is open to interpretation. It also contained a glossary and an appendix of haunted places. There were also some things I had never heard before like a "fettered soul," which I didn't really understand, and references to fairies, which I've yet to encounter.  It was interesting to read someone else's take on paranormal things. 


I did, however, appreciate her take on the Ouija board that it's dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to protect themselves. As a paranormal investigator, I've encountered a number of homes that used the Ouija board and dark entities came through, and made people in the home physically and even mentally ill.    

The author included stories of her experiences and some from others, to prove her points. The story-sharing was always good to read.  While it was nice to read, I'm not keeping it as a reference book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy