Friday, November 3, 2023

A Good Western Novel: "Wolf Moon" by Ed Gorman

Last month I blogged about reading a collection of short stories in a mystery collection with dog and cat themes. One of the authors was Ed Gorman (who passed), of whom I had not read of his works before. When I looked him up on the internet, he's written a lot of books in various genres, including western, political, mystery, thrillers and even comic books!  I decided to order a couple of his books, and one was a western called "Wolf Moon." Today's blog has my review and provides a summary of the book.

I really enjoyed the book and the character, is a very likeable 18-year-old, grown to a 30-year-old (over the length of this short book). As a teen he was involved in a bank robbery with his brothers, that was organized by the bank owner. He was sent to prison for a decade and the story picks up from there. I quickly grew to like the character... and I wish there would have been a sequel. I'll leave it there other than saying it was a great book.  

ABOUT THE BOOK: REVENGE WAS HIS ONLY REASON FOR LIVING-- EVEN IF IT MEANT DYING. It wasn't just the memories of his murdered brothers or the ten years in prison that reminded Chase how much he hated Reeves for double-crossing him after the bank robbery. Chase's face was carved with hideous scars from the bloody night when Reeves's killer wolf had attacked & left him for dead. Now he was out of jail & in the same town where Reeves was setting up his next bank heist. The lust for revenge was eating away at Chase's gut, & not even the love of a woman could stop him from the hell-bound path he must follow. For him, no price was too high--and the sacrifice would be savage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy