Friday, December 25, 2020

Happy Christmas from our House to Yours (A Recap of 2020)

 Happy Pawlidays from our house to yours. Despite the pandemic, we hope you are happy and healthy. Here's what's been going on this year....

 Although it's been challenging not to see friends and family this year, like everyone else, we've been using video chats, phone calls, emails and social media. We tried to go to Massachusetts to visit my brother but the state requires a COVID test with results within 3 days of arriving. Since getting a test back on a certain day can be a challenge, and we have our dogs Tyler and Dash, too, we canceled it. 

WORK- We both have been teleworking since March, and I love it. Tom even likes it now! I want to continue working this way until I retire in 4 years. :) 

OUR FAMILY- This year was a tragic year for our little family. Franklin our red dachshund, passed in May at 16 years old when another disc slipped in his back causing him constant pain (despite 2 pain meds) and made his back legs useless. In October, Dolly, our weimaraner who was just shy of her 16th birthday suffered from the exact same thing. While Franklin's decline occurred over a period of 2 months, Dolly's happened over ONE day and within 24 hours, she couldn't stand or walk on her back legs.  (PHOTO: RIGHT: Dolly and Franklin) 

GOOD NEWS - Franklin and Dolly have been very, very active at giving us signs they are still very much around. In fact, Dolly has also gone to friends of ours around the country (mostly those who have Dachshunds, or who inquired about her the day before she showed up in spirit to them).  They've BOTH got interesting chanpters in my (Rob) new book coming out.


ROB'S 8TH BOOK
- I finished writing my 8th book- "Pets and the Afterlife 3:  Messages from Spirit Dogs" - My thanks to friends Jackie D. and Steve C. for wonderful edits. I'm not finishing the final, final, final edits. Lisa at "Got You Covered," a professional book  cover designer who made my "Kindred Spirits" and "Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking" book covers, is making the Pets 3 cover. She's including Dolly and Franklin crossing the rainbow bridge. It was an idea that  I decided on thanks to my friend Denise D. who photoshopped an image of Dolly on a rainbow bridge.  

(RIGHT: The Image from Denise that inspired the Cover of the upcoming book)

In addition, I owe a big thanks to my friend Bill who provided a chapter on dealing with grief and loss (he helps people  for a living). It should come out in January...   You can find out more at www.robgutro.com

Happy Pawlidays, get vaccinated, and stay safe,

Rob and Tom 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy