Monday, February 18, 2013

Cliff Richard Interview - Rob's fav male singer


Cliff Richard is my (Rob's) favorite male singer (Dolly Parton for female singer), and I've loved Cliff's voice ever since I heard "We Don't Talk Anymore" in 1979... and have tried to collect all of his albums on CD. I just love his smooth voice.  He didn't make too much of a splash in the U.S. for some stupid reason, but he's the biggest thing in the UK and has been since the late 1950s.
  Who is he?  Sir Cliff Richard, OBE (born Harry Rodger Webb, 14 October 1940) is a British pop singer, musician, performer, actor, and philanthropist. He is the third-top-selling singles artist in the United Kingdom's history, with total sales of over 21 million in the UK and has reportedly sold an estimated 250 million records worldwide.

 The official website by the Cliff Richard Organization: www.cliffrichard.org/
  The following interview was done recently, and I found it very enjoyable. Cliff is easy going, funny and personable, and he still looks young, despite being 72. He recently performed at the Queen's Jubilee, and he's had a hit in each decade she's been on the throne!
 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy