Monday, January 7, 2013

Profile of Our Personal Hero: Mom F

Today I just want to point out a friend of ours that is also a great personal hero.
People who know me, know that I've always been a fan of superheroes, but some superheroes don't wear special costumes or fight evil (although we all put up with idiots- LOL).
L to R: Mom F, Rob, Braden, Tom
  Our personal hero is "Mom F." She faced colon cancer about 10 years ago and beat it. Now she's dealing with another cancer and is undergoing chemo. Instead of wallowing in sorrow or depression, she says "bring on the juice, I'm going to kick some ass."  We LOVE her attitude. It's that attitude that is going to get her past it, and help eradicate the cancer. It's that attitude that will bring her to full health. Optimism is the key.
  I wish we lived closer to help bring her to and from her chemo treatment, but her amazing son and his partner are up there this week doing just that.
  Mom F has a great sarcastic sense of humor that always makes us laugh  and forwards the funniest jokes to us every day. No matter what life throws at her, she still manages to make others smile and that's another mark of a true hero.  
  So, today I ask that you send Positive thoughts and prayers her way to help her overcome the cancer and regain health. We already know she's going to beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy