Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January: Health Month - Not

The second half of January has been tough on my (Rob) health. For about 10 days I dealt with a really bad cold and it was pretty miserable. However, I will say that ALKASELTZER COLD meds worked really well and reduced the symptoms. I recommend it.
- On Monday, January 23rd, I ventured into the world of dental implant surgery. To get to that point, let's go back to the summer when a tooth broke in half. Half of it fell out, leaving me no choice but to have the other half surgically removed (yes, most unpleasant). One thing I recommend to everyone having teeth out: HAVE synthetic bone put in the socket at the time the tooth comes out. WHY? Because it helps maintain the integrity and strength of the jawbone. Holes in a wall only weaken the structural integrity of it, just like pulling teeth out of a jaw!  -
- Another reason I had artificial bone put in the site was that over 6 months, your own bone would grow around it, and it would solidify so a dental implant (a false tooth) could be screwed into it. Yes, it sounds painful, but my dentist did it pain free.  The pain came AFTER the novocaine wore off!
- I've been on ibuprofen for 8 days now, and learned that I've also been grinding my teeth at night, traumatizing a tooth next to the implant. Ugh. That's caused MASSIVE, painful headaches. More ibuprofen, please. The second part of the implant occurs in 5 months, once the screwed in part solidifies (after more bone grows around it). So, I'm halfway through the procedure. I'll let you know how it goes. - Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy