Monday, November 24, 2008

Car Trouble!


(This was a picture from the Internet...it's not a young Tom in his first car!) Wintertime usually brings car trouble. Yes, even though it's meteorologically not winter until Dec. 21st, it's felt like January with an Arctic airmass over Maryland. Temperatures have been averaging 15F below normal for about 2 weeks now. So, with the cold comes car problems, and this weekend was no exception for Tom's car.
We think the starter on his car went, so it has been sitting in the driveway since last Thursday. We've found a couple of garages with good reputations, so Tom is calling them today, and we'll use our AAA card to get a tow truck to take it to the shop. I really recommend AAA. I've used them whenever I needed them, and they always come through.
Tom's parents lent us their extra vehicle, so I don't have to drive Tom to the metro at 4:30am anymore (I drove him Thursday and Friday with the doggies to keep me company). So, hopefully, by Thanksgiving, he'll have his car up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy